Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures and Restorative Treatments to Enhance Your Smile
Dr. Jeffrey Van Hook and Dr. Stephanie Ligerakis provide a full spectrum of restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures at our Canton, MI, practice that can significantly transform the health and appearance of your smile. Your smile is an important aspect of your personhood and it can affect your confidence, well-being, and quality of life. If you have tooth decay, dental staining, or missing teeth that are preventing you from confidently smiling, our doctors at The Village Dentist can provide you with the care you need.
Your smile is an important aspect of your personhood and it can affect your confidence, well-being, and quality of life.
Cosmetic and Restorative Procedures Available
- Composite Fillings: We can repair and restore a mild to moderately decayed tooth with durable composite resin, tinted to match the natural look of your smile. Tooth-colored fillings provide a safer and more natural-looking solution than silver amalgam fillings.
- Porcelain Veneers: These ultra-thin porcelain shells are customized to fit over the fronts of teeth to conceal a number of cosmetic concerns. If you have teeth that are moderately to severely stained, chipped, or have worn edges, Dr. Van Hook will use IPS e.max® to design one or more beautiful, natural-looking veneers.
- Dental Crowns: A customized dental crown made from zirconia or IPS e.max® ceramic can cap a tooth that has been severely decayed or damaged. These durable materials are designed to protect, strengthen, and restore a tooth to its natural function. Dr. Van Hook can also restore a dental implant with a dental crown for patients missing teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: If you have mild to moderate dental staining or discoloration, we provide professional-strength teeth whitening to significantly brighten you smile.
- Dental Bridges: When patients have one or more missing teeth that are adjacent, a bridge can fill in the gap and support the remaining teeth. This type of restoration is designed from a single block of ceramic, with two dental crowns and at least one pontic (false tooth) in between. It can be customized to permanently affix to remaining teeth or dental implants.
- Dental Implant Restoration: If you are seeking a permanent solution to replacing missing teeth, Dr. Van Hook will refer you to an oral surgeon for dental implant surgery, then restore your implants with a customized dental crown, bridge, or denture.
- Dental Bonding: For patients looking for a more affordable approach to porcelain veneers, composite resin tinted to blend in with your smile can be bonded onto teeth that are chipped, gapped, discolored, or worn.
- Root Canal Therapy: When tooth decay has infiltrated the pulp of the tooth and caused infection, root canal therapy is necessary to save the tooth from extraction. Your doctor will remove the unhealthy pulp, replace it with a special restorative material, and seal the tooth with a dental crown to restore and strengthen it.
- Extractions: If you have a tooth that is severely decayed or damaged and cannot be repaired with a filling or dental crown, we can gently remove the tooth and provide you with a restorative option.
- Periodontal Therapy: When gum disease is detected, we can perform ultrasonic scaling and root planing during a deep cleaning to remove the unhealthy bacteria from below the gum line and root surface of the tooth. If left untreated, gum disease can lead to dental pain, tooth loss, and bone degeneration.
- Gum Contouring: If you have an uneven gum line or a gummy smile, Dr. Van Hook can remove excess tissue and contour your gums for a more symmetrical smile.
- Smile Makeover: To address multiple cosmetic concerns, your doctor can combine cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, and gum contouring into one treatment plan for a complete smile makeover.
Contact Us Today
We offer a wide array of cosmetic and restorative procedures you can choose from to improve the aesthetics and function of your smile. Contact our office to schedule your consultation with one of our trusted doctors.
"I had a great first experience. Both my hygienist and Dr. Van Hook were very friendly and explained everything well. I also appreciate the text-message reminders!"Linda V.